- Line is Busy – VCN is a shared resource so lines sometimes can become full. See MRTG (link at right side) to see how many people are online and if the lines are working.
- Drop connections, Computer didn’t answer, etc – when one of the dial-in modems starts to fail, they can drop the line, connect then disconnect, connect but doesn’t transmit any data, etc. These symptoms are intermittent, but re-dialing usually solves the problem.
- Invalid username/password – See Password Reset
Email POP3, IMAP and webmail
- When the server is busy, it stops the mail service, until the server becomes idle again. This will prevent people from sending email occasionally, though should be fixed with the hardware upgrade and should only occur very rarely.
- A 100 MB mailbox limit is enforced. Users are given a warning at 95 MB. If they reach 100 MB, any additional incoming email is rejected until they reduced their inbox size.
- Most common are misconfiguration of pop3/smtp server settings OR they’re using another ISP to send mail. See http://www2.vcn.bc.ca/email for more info.
mail.vcn.bc.ca – POP3 or Incoming Mail Server
mail.vcn.bc.ca – SMTP or Outgoing Mail Server
http://mail.vcn.bc.ca – Webmail access via SquirrelMail
Webspace & FTP
We don not offer website creation services. We do however offer to create website templates using WordPress. Refer clients to the internet where they are millions of website tutorials.
See http://www2.vcn.bc.ca/web-pages for more info.
Text Access & Telnet
A few people use text dialin access. text dialin, telnet and putty all access the text system, so you’ll know if it doesn’t work, because VCN volunteers and staff use it everyday at the office.
Public Access Internet and Computers
Programs & equipment provided AS-IS. VCN is not responsible for teaching people in the use of these computers. Equipment problems should be logged into jobjar queue in RT.
Please go to Public Access Internet and Computers Sites for more information about this service.
Web Hosting Service
VCN provides the following Web Hosting Service. Please place tickets concerning this service in the sys-admin queue of RT.
Some groups have a VCN hosted MySQL database.
2. CGI & PHP
VCN doesn’t provide help for any CGI/PHP programs. Groups should contact the developer for help. For other questions regarding this service, assign ticket to the sys-admin queue of RT.
Server problems should be assigned in the sys-admin queue of RT. For web design/training issues, refer them to WebGUI’s built-in help and www.plainblack.com discussion boards.
Refurbished Computer Distribution
As part of the agreement, VCN provide NO support for these computers. They are provided AS-IS to groups ONLY.