Network Administrator Checklist Level 2
Tasks to learn
- Install Linux such as Ubuntu or CentOS on a desktop computer with a GUI.
- Learn basic commands. http://www.pixelbeat.org/cmdline.html
- Install packages with the GUI package manager.
- Install a minimal installation of CentOS or Ubuntu Server. It should not have a GUI and any extra packages.
- Use a package manager such as yum or apt-get to install packages.
- Download, extract, and install software via command line.
- Install Perl modules via a package manager or CPAN.
- Setup a RAID.
- Create a LVM.