Helpdesk Checklist Level 1
This checklist is made to ensure that volunteers learn all of the skills needed to help users with VCN resources. You may ask any volunteer for clarification about a task. When you have experienced all tasks listed below, then you have completed this level.
Remember, the helpdesk priorities are:
- First: Help people who walk in the help-desk office.
- Second: Check Help Desk Voicemail.
- Then: Answer telephone calls.
- Last: Try to resolve RT requests and/or record requests in RT.
Utilize Request Tracker to manage the requests (tickets)
- Login WebRT using your VCN volunteer account.
- Click help from queue and then click Created.
- Create a new ticket.
- Process Voicemail tickets.
- Reply to user by email from Actions.
- Add comments for VCN internal information.
- Resolve the tickets.
- Identify spam tickets and move them to the Spam queue.
- Change the subject of a ticket.
- Check daily report of users with large inboxes.
- Search relevant tickets with key words (ticket number, name, email or phone number) and status (resolved, pending or new).
- Register a user for an Individual account.
- Register a user for a Group account.
- Process a request to reset a password.
- Resolve a request related to an incomplete registration.
- Resolve a request to delete a VCN account.
- Change a user’s address.
Process Cash Donations
- Collect cash donations.
- Record the donation amount in the Money Database (on the desktop).
- Print out a temporary receipt to a member.
- If you need to give a change, get change from the admin.