Logging Voicemail Messages
Treat voicemail just like phone calls.
- If the caller hasn’t given all the information we need (See Answering Calls for the info needed), call back and ask for it.
- If the caller has provided us with enough information, find the solution (See Troubleshooting) and call them back with the answer
- If you still can’t find a solution, even though you have all the info needed, log all the information into RT.
To retreive messages from the voicemail system:
- On RT, select the ticket that contains the voicemail.
- Under ‘attachments’, click the wav file to open the voicemail and listen to it.
- Write down the details of the message as a comment in the ticket
Now, if you don’t know how to answer the call, check this volunteer manual and VCN Help Pages or ask another volunteer, to find a resolution. Once you’ve found the answer, follow the steps in Returning Calls to call the user back.
If you can’t find an answer to the call, follow the steps for Entering a RT request to put the call into RT.
- Ask the on duty System Administrator or another volunteer for the login ID and password if you don’t know it yet.
- Please do make sure to actually delete a message once you dealt with the call or written it down. It helps streamline the work for other volunteers.