- First put in the Mac OS 9 software restore CD
- Restart the iMac. Now hold down the ‘C’ key while it restarts until you see the CD background.
- Now run the Restore program on the CD. Select the erase option make a clean install.
- When it is finished restoring the image, restart the computer. Now follow the instructions to configure the mac for things like internet, registration, etc
Now you should install the updates, since the CD version is probably old already.
- Before downloading the update, you must upgrade to the latest version of StuffIt Expander (6.5 or higher), because the CD version is old and incompatible with the update file.
You can download the latest version of Stuffit Expander at:
- Then you must download the updates for MAC OS 9.1 from Apple’s web site